Welcome to the Sidney-Shelby County Health Department
Public Health is an essential part of any community. The ultimate goal is to improve the health of the community through prevention, promotion and protection.
Learn More at the Ohio Department of Health Website: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/
- NOTICE: The October 15, 2014 Board of Health Meeting has been rescheduled and moved to October 22, 2014. Thank you.
- Ebola Hotline (for public) 866-800-1404 Ohio Department of Health
- Ebola Hotline (for media) 614-799-6480 Ohio Department of Health
- Ebola News Release 10-16-14
- Ebola News Release 10-10-14
- Ebola Q and A from CNN
- EBOLA-Link for General Public: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
- EBOLA-Link for Healthcare providers: http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/index.html
- Enterovirus D-68 Link for General Public: http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterovirus/about/EV-D68.html
- Enterovirus D-68 Link for Healthcare Providers: http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterovirus/hcp.html
- EV68-Infographic Poster
- General Public Influenza information: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/
- Healthcare Provider Influenza Information: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/index.htm
- How to prepare for International Travel Vaccinations
- It's Time for Your Flu Vaccination! - See News Release for Details (Medicare billed for those 65 years and over; Medicaid billed except for United Healthcare)
- Prevent the Flu-2014
- Effective January 1, 2015, ODH will no longer supply free vaccine for those with vaccine/immmunization coverage. If your insurance covers immunizations, you will need to see your primary healthcare provider. All vaccine services are by appointment only and are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30-11:15 AM and from 12:30-2:30 PM.
- It is good to prepare for weather related issues. Please see the following links for great information: PowerOutage Checklist and Flood Checklist
- 2014 reporting rules for communicable diseases. KnowYourABCs & Confidential Disease Report Form
- Shelby County Community Health Improvement Plan
- It Takes a Community July 2014