Welcome to the Sidney-Shelby County Health Department
Public Health is an essential part of any community. The ultimate goal is to improve the health of the community through prevention, promotion and protection.
Learn More at The Ohio Department of Health Web Site.
- Check out our Press Release page for information on Ticks and Bats in Houses
- Free FDA Food Defense Course online.
- Let's all help Shelby County Animals! Find out how!
- NEW DATE! Effective December 31, 2013, ODH will no longer supply free vaccine for those with vaccine/immmunization coverage. If your insurance covers immunizations, you will need to see your primary healthcare provider. Also, Beginning July 1, 2013, all vaccine services will be by appointment only, Monday-Friday from 7:30 am- 3:30 pm.
- Unused Prescription Drugs Dropbox in front of local Sheriff's office.
- The #1 and #2 Infectious Diseases in Shelby County are Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s). Throughout Ohio and the United States the same statistics are similar. Here is a resource to receive testing and treatment for STI’s
- New! April 2013 issue of our newsletter, "It Takes a Community".
- 2012 Family Resource Guide
- Interested in Volunteering? Check out our Volunteer Opportunities and Emergency Preparedness pages for more information.