Welcome to the Sidney-Shelby County Health Department
Public Health is an essential part of any community. The ultimate goal is to improve the health of the community through prevention, promotion and protection.
Learn More at the Ohio Department of Health Website: http://www.odh.ohio.gov/
- Mumps-Media Release 4-4-2014
- It is good to prepare for weather related issues. Please see the following links for great information: Tornado Safety Checklist, PowerOutage Checklist, Flood Checklist and Heat Wave Safety Checklist
- Super Saturday Flyer 4-26-2014
- Home pool & hot tub maintenance and safety link: Pool & Hot Tub Safety
- New 2014 reporting rules for communicable diseases. KnowYourABCs & Confidential Disease Report Form
- Information on Flooding, Health Implications and Safe Clean-up after the Flood
- Shelby County Community Health Improvement Plan
- Check out our Press Release page for information on Winter Safety and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention.
- NEW DATE! Effective June 30, 2014, ODH will no longer supply free vaccine for those with vaccine/immmunization coverage. If your insurance covers immunizations, you will need to see your primary healthcare provider. Also, all vaccine services are by appointment only, Monday-Friday from 8:30-11:15 AM and from 12:30-2:30 PM.
- New! It Takes a Community April 2014.
- The #1 and #3 Infectious Diseases in Shelby County are Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s). Throughout Ohio and the United States the same statistics are similar. Here is a resource to receive testing and treatment for STI’s
- Interested in Volunteering? Check out our Volunteer Opportunities and Emergency Preparedness pages for more information.