Welcome to the Sidney-Shelby County Health Department
Public Health is an essential part of any community. The ultimate goal is to improve the health of the community through prevention, promotion and protection.
Learn More at The Ohio Department of Health Web Site.
- Clean Up Day 4-12-2014
- Super Saturday Flyer Apr 26 2014
- New 2014 reporting rules for communicable diseases. KnowYourABCs & Confidential Disease Report Form
- Cold Weather Guide
- Information on Flooding, Health Implications and Safe Clean-up after the Flood
- Miami County Department of Development to administer Building Code, January 1, 2014. Details here.
- Increased Number of Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Cases in Shelby County recently. Information on Pertussis and why vaccination is important.
- Check out our Press Release page for information on Winter Safety and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention.
- NEW DATE! Effective June 30, 2014, ODH will no longer supply free vaccine for those with vaccine/immmunization coverage. If your insurance covers immunizations, you will need to see your primary healthcare provider. Also, all vaccine services are by appointment only, Monday-Friday from 8:30-11:15 AM and from 12:30-2:30 PM.
- New! It Takes a Community January 2014 Issue.
- The #1 and #3 Infectious Diseases in Shelby County are Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s). Throughout Ohio and the United States the same statistics are similar. Here is a resource to receive testing and treatment for STI’s
- Interested in Volunteering? Check out our Volunteer Opportunities and Emergency Preparedness pages for more information.