The Sidney-Shelby County Help Me Grow offers the Home Visiting Program at no cost and all services are voluntary to all parents.
Sidney-Shelby County Help Me Grow- Home Visiting
Help Me Grow’s Home Visiting Program provides first time expectant or new parent(s) with health and child development information. The goal of this program is to give expectant parents the information and support they need to be prepared for the birth of their child and provide ongoing support for families to understand and maximize this period of development to age 3.
Who is Eligible?
Expectant families or caregivers of a child under the age of two whose family income is not is excess of 200% of the federal poverty level; and possess at least on of the following risk factors:
– Pregnant women under the age of 21
– Previous preterm birth
– Families with a history of child abuse, neglect or have had interactions with child welfare services
– Families with a history of substance abuse, or demonstrate a need for substance abuse treatment
– Families with a child who has a diagnosed developmental delay
– Families that have users of tobacco products in the home
– Active military families
– Families with a history of unstable housing or homelessness
– Families with a caregiver who has a history of depression or other diagnosed mental health concerns
– Families with a first-time parent
How do I make a referral?
Referrals can be made by contacting:
* The Sidney-Shelby County Help Me Grow Home Visiting Program at 937-498-2185
* Online via the HMG Home Visiting website at HMG Information